73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Going to ABTT

• Yes- Plan to go Wednesday
    • Yes- Plan to go Thursday
    • Yes- Plan to go Both Days
    • Yes- Hope to do but don't know what day
    • Maybe- Don't Know?
    • No!

also had a nice long play with the maxxyz.

getting to be a damn nice desk now that the software is getting to later releases.

the esca looks good, the EL wire stand [surelight I think they were] is good - can do much with it.

and there is a verry nice looking LED batten thingy that looks so much better than you would think it could.

the frog 2 does seem overpriced, but it will drop one of these days, and is a damn fine desk when you think what it can do. and there is a good clothing and power distro stand in there - gaffergear I think its called - some nice toys there.

flints have some handy offers on - tenner for a new mini maglite.

there are all sorts of eclectic new desks poking their heads into the light too - most managed to impress me enough to be up for a quick 'idiots guide' to using them if I saw them.

food is a silly price. but tasty.

have fun playing

andrew

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume that the RWCMD discussion will still be taking place though?

Yep, the RWCMD discussion is going ahead - pop along to the RWCMD stand (#53) on the Thursday morning for full details.

Just got back (show this evening) - had a nice day. Met MrPete (see above) at the RWCMD launch/chat thingy - we were the only people there! Had a brief but good chat with Rox. Met up for lunch with about 9 other school theatre technicians/managers whom are part of the group we've set up. Didn't leave much time to look around stands, but had an interesting chat at the Skillscene and ABTT stands (about training). All in all, this year I've come back with a mere 2 catalogues (feeble!) and not one single damned freebie... Got very bored of LED's quite quickly too!

P.

I had a nice day today despite forgetting my phone after oversleeping meaning I couldn't meet up with the person I wanted to :rolleyes: !

I had a proper demo of the Frog II from the Zero88 lot that was really good, had another good, long demo with the Maxxyz from Martin which I enjoyed. The XL Video guys were great and I managed to talk to them about a project I have in mind so that was good and I had a good look at the pulsar stuff, the ColourBlock and Vista and the Robe fixtures as well!

At last Stage LX have brought a new hire catalogue (with consumable prices as well!!) which is fantastic!!

So mostly a good day,

Sam

Spent a couple of hours down there this arvo - nice to bump into people as usual, Blue Roomers or not.

I'd like to say thanks to ETC, Z88, Apollo and WL who as usual were incredibly friendly and offered a good chat on their new products - and a good supply of drinks... (And anyone else I've forgotten).

Impressed with the Jester desk (which in case anyone didn't know will be superseeding the standard Frog), hopefully other people who use it in time will also be suitably impressed.

Cheers,

Stu

Anyone have a go with the Vista? I thought the Event 4 was easy to use, that thing works like video editing software, it's great! Although I doubt I'll get to use one this side of forever :rolleyes:

I popped in for a bit thursday afternoon, and then went on to the pub. It was good to meet Stu, Brian, MrPete, mikeienorth & lightnix there.

Shame you couldn't make it Peter.

Marc

'lo

I went yesterday. Must say it was the best trade show I have been to so far. very helpful people on all of the stands. ETC Smartfade looked good, not so sure about the Jester or because of the price Frog 2.

Best freebie sweetwise was a rather large bag of jelly beans from Square One.

Best non consumable freebie was a USB laptop light from Nippy Industrys.

Sorry didn't make it to the pub had a function to go last night.

Archived