rock concert

napster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been loads threads discussing this sort of topic before on the Blue Room.

Time to use the Search function :stagecrew:

Stu

Guest AdamJames

Something that not may people realise, is some NJD products have analogue control as well as DMX.

NJD scans are hardly CP, but could work on an analogue desk, before upgrading?

Something that not may people realise, is some NJD products have analogue control as well as DMX. 

NJD scans are hardly CP, but could work on an analogue desk, before upgrading?

Are you saying that I could run NJD scanners on a analouge desk.(sorry if this is annoying but I dont understand it enterally).

thanks

Iain

Guest AdamJames

Yes, not all. For definate the DMX250.

It uses 4 channels, but you may need to make some converters for the DIN. As most analogue are 8 pins, where as DMX250 is 5or6 pin.

If you have a specific desk in mind, Pm me and I can look at the way you want to set it up.

Guest lightnix

Hi napster, welcome to the Blue Room :** laughs out loud **:

There have been loads threads discussing this sort of topic before on the Blue Room.

Time to use the Search function ;)

What he said, but in the meantime scroll down to the bottom of this post of mine from a recent thread. There are links out to the main "FAQ threads" on this kind of subject from there.

Hope they help answer some of your questions :stagecrew:

On the subject of NJD kit and analouge desks, Datamoons and Preditors both can certianly take analouge control. This doesn't of course mean they don't really suck but 'Moons are aright for disco type stuff and pred's well....they've got moving mirrors I guess. Actaully as pointless effects they've do the job just don't ask them to actaully light anything, because thats not what they're designed for. If you have some a)think about keeping one back as spares b)stick 'um in a line behind the band and they'll look ok. Frankly I'd be as happy with a load of par cans for band stuff but if you want some movement they'll do it off an analogue desk.

Does anybody now where any can hire or buy a small generic desk from also do you think it would be a good idea 2 use floor cans that the audience can see the band.

thanks

Iain

Floor Cans!!! arrr... ok they are good but are they are to create to great an effect (up-lighting the band) not to light the band so people can see them firstly you should have a nice even FOH cover and down lighting cover… even because this will minimise dark shadowing that up-lighting brings especially around the eye. Use the effect but sparingly as with all effects and I have found that most bands I work with hate up- lighters especially around bass guitarist it just annoys them so I only tend to use floor cans for up-lighting back cloth colouring it and occasionally a little bit of warming or cooling to the band undersides (if that makes sense, chin ect…)

Hope this is of some help…

Hey does any 1 no where I can buy a generic desk from I no u can get them from most light stage light shops but I am still tryin 2 work out if they are dmxor not (tell me the desk on the site don't just give me links).Also does any 1 no where I can get floor cans from.

thanks

Iain

Also when ever I can get away it Back lighting the lead singer with a floor can for the purposes of giving them a halo. As the kid says drum risers also. And much as they do indeed annoy people if you can put them in the right place I do indeed like uplighting bands (and dance even more so, but I digress) but as said uplight really can't be the only source of light. well I've never had the courage to do it.

Archived