rock concert

napster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tempus will control par 56s and other generics, if thats all your using in your rig.

Maybe buying one isn't the right option though, as they are getting rather out of date, hiring one is probably a better idea.....

Search on google for hire companies, these two definitely have a tempus in stock:

Kave Hire

White light

You could then save up to by your own desk that outputs DMX, something cheap like a strand 100 or 200 allowing the use of smoke machines/other effects

My 2p

A tempus will control par 56s and other generics, if thats all your using in your rig.

Maybe buying one isn't the right option though, as they are getting rather out of date, hiring one is probably a better idea.....

Search on google for hire companies, these two definitely have a tempus in stock:

Kave Hire

White light

You could then save up to by your own desk that outputs DMX, something cheap like a strand 100 or 200 allowing the use of smoke machines/other effects

My 2p

If I hired strand 100 for the concert to see if it was what I needed what sort of dimmers would I need?

thanks

Iain

I use a tempus 24 all the time. Fantastically basic :** laughs out loud **: but very rugged and easy to use (if its the non memory version) This desk can handle crossfading, but dont even bother thinking about trying a chase (flashing lights) on it. Great if what you want to do is basic scene setting, but dont try anything fancy on it.

DONT BUY ONE!

Hire it instead, then save for a betapack2 (several if you can afford) from zero88 and a nice little DMX desk like the Strand 200.

Altenatively (not sure if your budget will go this far),

Hire a pair of betapack2's

Hire a strand 200 desk

Hire the DMX cable you will need to connect them (DMX connects Desk => 1st dimmer => 2nd dimmer => next item => etc) You will need cable to go from one to the next in a continuous daisy chain. You will also need a DMX terminator, which is always the last item in the chain.

Splurge the rest on as many PAR56's as you can hire and some extension leads to connect them to the powerpacks.

Then, spend some time getting used to the type of chases the desk has in memory, these are easy to use and quite often very effective.

Do you have any gel colour filters? If not, beg/borrow/buy a few bold colours (red, green and blue are good...) and put them in the lights pretty much at random (its rock, what could go wrong???)

Fire it all up and see what it does, move the gels around a bit to see what happens. Go with it :stagecrew:

If you have a DMX smoke machine yes, other wise no. DMX smoke machines cost far more than cheapy ones and (in my limited experience) tend only to be the bigger smoke machines,.

Edit the post above appears to have changed - There was a question as to whether he could run a smoke machine from the desk.

If you have a DMX smoke machine yes, other wise no. DMX smoke machines cost far more than cheapy ones and (in my limited experience) tend only to be the bigger smoke machines,.

Edit the post above appears to have changed - There was a question as to whether he could run a smoke machine from the desk.

Sorry I change the post I realised after I had posted it that the question had been anserd

but no 1 had posted a message so I changed the post.

sorry

Iain

It has six dimmers. each of them requires a UNIQUE DMX address or it'll all go tits up on you. The betapack2 (not the betapack) has both analogue and DMX connections, making it one of the most versatile I have seen. Be very sure that the dimmers you hire have 15amp sockets and DMX, there are several varients, not all of which have DMX or even sockets...

Archived