rock concert

napster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'm with lxdeptnz on the strobe thing - you've got to be so careful. Ideally, if you do use a strobe (or indeed any rapidly flashing lighting) at any point in the show, you need to have big prominent signs up all over the entrance warning people. I've seen seizures many a time, and trust me it's not something you want to happen down on the venue floor in the middle of a drunken crowd of people....

We have got a budget of £250 and I was thinking like fast flashing lights quickly changing colour because it is upbeat music.I think the venue holds 300-400 people if this helps.

A colleague of mine when faced with a client that wanted "Lots of flashing lights" and had no budget grabbed a load of cans (without bulbs) and ran festoons (so the bulbs poked in the back where the bulb normally goes) on a chase with 15A pygmies so that the gels lit up and looked "rocktastic" yet the cost was next to zilch.

If it's a cheap gig what about a couple of bars of 6/4 double hung on wind up stands USL +USR and a couple of bars of 6 from the front? a cracker for the beams and a couple of followspots to see the turn.

Will fit in most venues.

If it's a £250.00 budget you ain't playing the Schleyerhalle!

We have got a budget of £250 and I was thinking like fast flashing lights quickly changing colour because it is upbeat music.I think the venue holds 300-400 people if this helps.

A colleague of mine when faced with a client that wanted "Lots of flashing lights" and had no budget grabbed a load of cans (without bulbs) and ran festoons (so the bulbs poked in the back where the bulb normally goes) on a chase with 15A pygmies so that the gels lit up and looked "rocktastic" yet the cost was next to zilch.

If it's a cheap gig what about a couple of bars of 6/4 double hung on wind up stands USL +USR and a couple of bars of 6 from the front? a cracker for the beams and a couple of followspots to see the turn.

Will fit in most venues.

If it's a £250.00 budget you ain't playing the Schleyerhalle!

Many people have persuded me away from the idea of flshing light sbut thanks for the idea any way.I am just going to use par cans connected to 2 beatpack2's and then a sirus 200 I think.

Iain

Guest lightnix

You forgot to mention when the concert is going on and (with all due respect) you also seem to have forgotten to act on advice given in earlier posts, so here it is once again.

This subject has been discussed several times over in the following threads...

Rock Concert Lighting

Music Lighting, Inside Drums

Help with a 4 colour Wash, Which 4 colours?

Your favourite colour combinations, live band on a small stage

Light show

Live band lighting, sorry I know it aint theatre

I'm sure if you take the time to go through them fully, you will find the answers to all your questions so far and more besides.

Happy reading :o

I wonder if there is a brain surgery forum?

Hi,

I'm thinking of removing a micro-lesion from the surface of my mates brain. I've never done this before and need some help. I have two scalpels and have access to a MRA scanner. I'm not a member of the BMA, so need help before 10 tonight please - it's urgent.

Tongue-in-cheek perhaps, but I do wonder, sometimes..............

Paul,

There was a great demonstration of that type of surgery on the last series of casualty, perhaps someone has the episode recorded as it might help you...

Thanks guys, took your advice and watched the programme. Pretty sure there'll be no snags - the was a little glitch in the tape just at the bit when he used the sucky-sucky-squelch machine, can't remember what it's called. I don't have one, but I've got a dyson which looks about the same. I'm doing the op this afternoon, so I'll let you know how it goes.

cheers

paul

Is the BMA like equity? you have to be a doctor to join, but you can't be a doctor unless you're a member. I think I saw this on a forum somewhere, but they said if you know a friendly GP he can put your name forward.

[rant]

Maybe It is me but I always think that whenever one posts on a forum it is always nice to:

1) Google the topic to find answers first

2) blue-room search

3) When posting, as much detail as possible saves a lot of toing and froing.

4) Just a quick spell and grammer check (nothing too serious but too many stupid mistakes are annoying).

[/rant]

Anyway that was a bit o/t, sorry about that.

Thanks guys, took your advice and watched the programme. Pretty sure there'll be no snags - the was a little glitch in the tape just at the bit when he used the sucky-sucky-squelch machine, can't remember what it's called. I don't have one, but I've got a dyson which looks about the same. I'm doing the op this afternoon, so I'll let you know how it goes.

cheers

paul

Is the BMA like equity? you have to be a doctor to join, but you can't be a doctor unless you're a member. I think I saw this on a forum somewhere, but they said if you know a friendly GP he can put your name forward.

How did the op go?

Some of my lecturers remember the days before dyson when you had to do the sucky machine by hand. It's so much easier now with proper machines. Apparently you can bin anything which won't fit back in the head after you finish. There are two types of nerves - send and return, but if you connect them the wrong way then your mate just won't work until you swap them back - and sadly there is no way of running nerves down veins if you take the wrong one out...unless anyone has tried this and got it to work?

The BMA is optional - more like ABTT than Equity. You do have to be a member of GMC though. Also an ability to cope with lots of TLA's and the occassional MTTLA (More Than TLA).

I suppose I should go back to my study of the brain so one day I can do the op myself as a professional (Medic), and be thankful that unlike tech, we don't have amateurs, although I can't rightly think of a good reason why, since if they were good enough..............

Archived