led wall power calculator

DonkiDonki

I am looking at creating a spreadsheet for calculating the power requirements for custom led walls and wondered if anyone had an existing one they were willing to share?

I know what I would like it to do but my Excel skills are somewhat lacking these days.

Are there any existing software tools that have a nice gui to allow layout of screen configurations as well as calculate power requirements?

Power consumption is one issue, Earth Leakage is more of an issue.

Power consumption per panel is easy to obtain from the manufacturers, however this is often only valid for full white at 100% brightness with is a rare occurrence.

For example - our Absen A3 LED Screen is very low power consumption - many square metres can be run off a 13A plug - however it leaks badly so RCD'd become a nightmare.

Power consumption is one issue, Earth Leakage is more of an issue.

Power consumption per panel is easy to obtain from the manufacturers, however this is often only valid for full white at 100% brightness with is a rare occurrence.

For example - our Absen A3 LED Screen is very low power consumption - many square metres can be run off a 13A plug - however it leaks badly so RCD'd become a nightmare.

Thanks, earth leakage problems are the reason for looking into the spreadsheet thing in the first place.

I've made a start and have the basic framework working, in theory it will be able to generate a load of useful info from inputting the wall size and choosing either flown or ground support. I should be able to get it to generate reports on power requirements, earth leakage, weight (screens, cable and rigging) and produce itemised quantities for cables and rigging hardware.

The major challenge for me is it's been a while since I last used Excel (OK, maybe a long time) and getting my head around formulas and stuff again is proving interesting. Luckily these days, most problems are quickly solved by a quick Google so it's going better than expected so far.

Is there a point where inrush current causes more of an issue than earth leakage current. The reason I ask this is that I have always been conscious of earth leakage current and advise people not to have too many fixtures on a circuit breaker, however another tech told me he kept the number of fixtures low due to inrush considerations. These are 200W led fixtures.

Is there a point where inrush current causes more of an issue than earth leakage current. The reason I ask this is that I have always been conscious of earth leakage current and advise people not to have too many fixtures on a circuit breaker, however another tech told me he kept the number of fixtures low due to inrush considerations. These are 200W led fixtures.

I'm not sure about in-rush on these but I generally advise leaving as much headroom as possible on any circuit so hopefully there won't be any issues there. (whether the people cabling the thing up follow the recommendations is another matter)

I have hit my first major stumbling point in Excel, not sure if anyone here can help?

The spreadsheet has a dropdown list set with Ground Support or Flying as options to pick.

Both sets of equipment and weights are generated but what I would like to happen is for the corresponding items to be highlighted in red when one of the options are picked. Anyone know how to achieve this?

not sure what its called in excel but it sounds like your looking for conditional formating ,at least thats what libre office call it, one thing to watch is you may need to turn on auto calculate for it to work 100% reliable

Thanks for that, you are right.

I had already found a few Google links about conditional formatting but it has taken me a few goes to get my head around it. It's all working now though. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

As luck would have it, I have spent the last couple of days creating almost exactly this.

However my spreadsheet doesn't allow you to choose between ground-stacked or flown, it always presents both sets of data.

I will PM you a link.

David

Archived