iFollow 575 - dimmer not working

DrRusty

It sounds correct to me. The shutter control runs from lowest to highest value closed (DMX 0-7), open (DMX 8-15), strobe slow->fast (DMX 16-247) and finally open again (DMX 248-255) which is all quite normal. If shutter is set to closed at the bottom of the range (0-7) then dimmer will have no affect. If it is set just above this (8-15) or at the top end of the range (248-255) the dimmer control will affect intensity and if it is set to the remaining range (16-247) the dimmer will affect the intensity of the strobing function.

As far as I can see there are three fixed colour temperature options (as opposed to a continuously variable linear control). I would expect this to be a wheel with three filters similar to the colour wheel. So if it's not calibrated correctly the symptoms would probably be a bit like a split colour or perhaps restricted beam in the gate if there are large enough spaces between the filters. According to the manual there are three controls that have calibration - dimmer, colour and 'effect'. There is nothing called 'effect' in the DMX charts so it's hard to say which one this affects. Inconsitencies and inaccuracies in manufacturer's documentation like this cause me plenty of headaches!

njclights I just about understand that, either way a bit more experimenting has at least resulted in understanding how to get dimmer control to work.

I will have a further look at colour temp setting, which is a wheel with three filters.

One last issue is the fan noise is quiet loud but I guess this is normal ?

Thabk you

Archived