Robe 250xt resetting issue

Keith.bauer

It's a bit odd, does the software use personalities? (where you tell it what type of fixtures you have connected) If you haven't specifically programmed that value, it sounds like the software is doing it automatically, maybe a personality error.

Yes lightkey provide the fixture profiles within the software, I then select the fixture from a list and it generates the addresses, I have told lightkey that I am having issues and I asked that they provide an accurate profile for the robe fixtures, I’ll await their reply tomorrow hopefully.

These fixtures are somewhat unusual in that 0 on the control channel sets the fan speed to full (as opposed to not having any function). The control channel has a variable fan speed running 0-127 (fast->slow) before combined lamp on/reset and lamp off functions. Due to this it is possible that Lightkey have interpreted 'lamp on' as being the correct default value, but of course this will also make it reset. Defaulting to zero will be ok although it will put the fans on full. Alternatively you could use one of the 'no function' ranges but it's hard to say what affect that then has on the fan speed. Generally this sort of DMX implementation is problematic and difficult for DMX controllers to support.

Good morning guys

Well I seem to have cured the issue, I deleted the information for channel 6 in the profile and replaced it with the command “no black out on movement”, it seems to work very well and fans are on full but that’s okay, also I need to turn the lamps on independently on each fixture.

Would anyone have a command that turns the lamps on in channel 6 but doesn’t initiate a reset?

Just had a reply from lightkey, he has checked the profile and he says there appears to be an issue, he willl send me an updated profile file.

Just had a reply from lightkey, he has checked the profile and he says there appears to be an issue, he willl send me an updated profile file.

Would anyone have a command that turns the lamps on in channel 6 but doesn't initiate a reset?

You would need to send 133 for a few seconds then go to 255.

Or, you can set the fixture to automatically lamp on when it gets power, go to the LAPR menu and set LAAU option to ON. Then you could just fix that channel at 255, or 0 if you don't mind the fans being at max speed.

Archived