Zero88 BetaPack MKI Repair

Nutnode

^^^That.

It's a little known fact that fuse holders have a power rating. A fuse has a finite resistance which causes it to heat up when passing a current and that heat flows into the fuse holder. Too much heat and your holder will fail (usually at the most inconvenient moment).

Also note they should be HRC fuses not "any old" 32mm 10A fuse.

Per my earlier entry in this thread:

1/4" x 1 1/4" (6.35mmx32mm) 10A quick blow HRC fuse e.g. SIBA 70-065-63 10A

Farnell: 117-5122 RS: 413-248 CPC: FF02367 49p ea but MOQ=10.

Betapack 1 fuseholder: RS 197-9519, Farnell 121-4783 (cap), 121-4782 (spade rather than solder terminals)

Hope that helps!

Kevin

Fast HRC fuses may well protect the semiconductor, lesser fuses will not.

But more importantly, HRC (sand filled ceramic tube) fuses are capable of interrupting a much higher current than glass fuses, without exploding and spreading their innards over the inside of the fuseholder.

^^^That.

It's a little known fact that fuse holders have a power rating. A fuse has a finite resistance which causes it to heat up when passing a current and that heat flows into the fuse holder. Too much heat and your holder will fail (usually at the most inconvenient moment).

...and with Betapack Mk 1's it's usually the fuse for channel 4 - right in the middle of the holders where the heat can't dissipate properly and it's most awkward to replace the holder ;)

Thanks for all the replies

And that is why I asked the question!

Yeah I've removed all of the random 32mm fuses that were in them with a view to either the 20mm suggestion or as you have pointed out, the 32mm solution.

thanks again

swen

Archived