Strand 300 Dimmer Problem

Kioti

The correct function of your DMX LED fittings suggests that the desk is outputting DMX adequately, so the problem is likely between DMX and the dimmers. Are there any memory support batteries there? (Coin cells or NiCds on a circuit board?)

NEVER underestimate the ability of a child to pass through a locked door.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the OP is in Canada I wonder if there is anyone more local on https://www.controlbooth.com/ who would be able to go in and at least document what is wrong. I came across this forum from a search for the 300 series console and this is one of the only forums that popped up that still had some activity.

Thanks for somewhere a little more local! I'll maybe have a post over there and see!

The correct function of your DMX LED fittings suggests that the desk is outputting DMX adequately, so the problem is likely between DMX and the dimmers. Are there any memory support batteries there? (Coin cells or NiCds on a circuit board?)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);"><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">NEVER underestimate the ability of a child to pass through a locked door.

I haven't seen any specific battery backups except for what is in the console. We aren't losing any patching info or shows, just it has gone from dimming to switching. Also, with the console removed from the situation and me manually turning on a fixture from the rack itself via the processor, it does the same action. And I don't doubt that they could get in if they really wanted to but the processor itself isn't easily accessible and its not obvious that they can even do anything with it behind the rack door. We have other tech that sits out in road cases on the stage that distract them more than the back tech room. Most of my tech crew don't even know what it is and think its just some power thing.

Bit of a thread drift but since you mentioned the battery, one of my hobby horses is the damage the dreaded Mempac batteries can do when they leak. IMHO they should be replaced about 5 yearly. As your console is getting on a bit you should check for any signs of corrosion or fluffiness around the ends. Of course if your maintenance company is worth their money they'll have been checking it at each service... won't they?

Bit of a thread drift but since you mentioned the battery, one of my hobby horses is the damage the dreaded Mempac batteries can do when they leak. IMHO they should be replaced about 5 yearly. As your console is getting on a bit you should check for any signs of corrosion or fluffiness around the ends. Of course if your maintenance company is worth their money they'll have been checking it at each service... won't they?

Thanks everyone! We have a service call placed and a tech coming out to have a look. I'll inquire about the battery as well to see if that was done when they serviced the console.