Stream Deck

paulears

I would have thought the gaming/livestreaming/youtuber market will be enormous compared to the other types of user so perhaps they are spending their marketing money wisely. But Paulears should be on commission from them as I wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

In the EOS and Qlab groups on Facebook streamdeck seems to be a regular topic of conversation, along with companion, luminosus and of course also that little box as mentioned by Paul.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that other groups (MA Chamsys, Zero88 to pick three at Random) discuss it too, but I'm not in any of them so I wouldn't know.

Edited by alistermorton

it's funny that I'm actually excited more by this box with a few light up buttons than anything I saw at this years exhibitions!

Control wise - the software that comes with it can let you control things by hotkeys, but the companion software alternative has dedicated scripts to work bu OSC and other protocols, but you don't need to really understand any of that. I knocked up my qlab version using the simulator before it arrived - the simulator worked qlab on this MacBook - then it turned up, I plugged it in - it lit up with all my buttons and just worked. Compared to the grief I had with other controllers over the years, this one is just so easy.

Most of the video/streaming techs I know use them or have heard of them. I believe Elgato happily support the bitfocus/companion team, but don't wish or don't need to actively engage in the tech market.

They market it at the game streamer area, and there are a couple of plugins to that end, such as OBS.

Certainly from my end, for a lot of shows it's both smaller, cheaper and more capable than the manufacturer specific controls, like analog ways shotbox (x keys) and even in some cases a Blackmagic ATEM panel. I've even seen people using them to supplement Barco EC50 consoles