Induction Loop interference

Ynot

If you're looking to put a proposal together to bid for funds look into a phased array system (minimal spill). This goes under the carpet and is designed to give optimal coverage across the space using 2 separate circuits. As Shez says get a company to design it for you, and make sure you install it perfectly (or get another company to install it). I've just had a lecture theatre installed with this and the coverage is perfect across the room, worth the effort and cost if you ask me - I find perimeter loops are patchy at best. Might also be worth getting a loop tester so you can do your own testing without relying on your "expert".

Indeed and we've even tried using a channel for program and the other for technicians. But I revert back to the issue of Shadows.

That could be quite interesting if the punters can accidentally pick up the technician's channel. Is there some way of locking receivers, or using different ones for the technicians' channel?

Although there might be some who would prefer to listen to the show cues.

They were dark red colour so I don't think they were Sennys, the very discrete switch was lablelled 1[R], ST, 2[L] (from memory) which needed a tool (micro screwdriver or pin) to operate.

If you're looking to put a proposal together to bid for funds look into a phased array system (minimal spill). This goes under the carpet and is designed to give optimal coverage across the space using 2 separate circuits. As Shez says get a company to design it for you, and make sure you install it perfectly (or get another company to install it). I've just had a lecture theatre installed with this and the coverage is perfect across the room, worth the effort and cost if you ask me - I find perimeter loops are patchy at best. Might also be worth getting a loop tester so you can do your own testing without relying on your "expert".

Absolutely agree with paying a pro company to design it, our go-to was always Ampertronic and out of the many tens of their designs that I was involved with installing or commissioning we only had one which was wrong and that turned out to be a late change from wood to steel joists. I don't ever recall installing 2 loops [may have done but no recollection] ours were multiple turns of wire or tape spread across the area.

As to a loop tester yes definitely, we had a Millbank meter and a SigNET receiver for testing and always included a receiver for the customer in the installation contract. But we had adhesive labels made for the receiver as plugging the headphones in turned the power on and batteries were always flat because of it.

I also had a brilliant piece of test kit in my arsenal, my father in law sometimes worked with me...

Edited by sunray