All I want for christmas is a DMX Switch

redcarpet1956

I've got a PCB which has all that on it, including an encapsulated PSU, which I could sell you, fully populated, for 50 quid. Could even put the code on it for you. I designed them for another project and I have a few spares. They are small enough that you could fit one in a 2G wall box but not a 1G. The DMX chip is fully protected but the microprocessor inputs just go straight into the chip. Programming is via the 6pin connector so if you wanted to put your own code on there you'd need a programmer but these are dirt cheap. PM me if you're interested, although I can see that it's a nice little project to get you back into microcontrollers.

Dave

I've got a PCB which has all that on it, including an encapsulated PSU, which I could sell you, fully populated, for 50 quid. Could even put the code on it for you. I designed them for another project and I have a few spares. They are small enough that you could fit one in a 2G wall box but not a 1G. The DMX chip is fully protected but the microprocessor inputs just go straight into the chip. Programming is via the 6pin connector so if you wanted to put your own code on there you'd need a programmer but these are dirt cheap. PM me if you're interested, although I can see that it's a nice little project to get you back into microcontrollers.

Dave

Hi there

Thanx for your offer - this would work great, however, I have decided I am going down the arduino micro controller route but thanks anyway

Edited by redcarpet1956

Dave

Hi there

Thanx for your offer - this would work great, however, I have decided I am going down the arduino micro controller route but thanks anyway

No worries. It is actually an Arduino but I fully understand if you want to roll your own.

Dave

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transcension-SDC-6-DMX-Controller-6-Channel-6CH-Desk-Lighting/182822462421?epid=2254417618&hash=item2a911163d5:g:cgkAAOSwxp9W7-pk

If the multiple faders are a problem, remove one, solder 3 wires in its place and run them to a rotary pot mounted on a 1g plate and hide the desk behind the scenes.