How to show DMX output from playback unit

Haggis2020

What was the current set to on the faulty ELN-60-24? Since all of the Meanwell drivers you are using limit the current, even though they don't need to, it might be possible that the original driver had its output current set a bit too low, which caused the EldoLED unit to brown out. This would then affect down-stream DMX signals.

The main question is why was the faulty Driver/PSU causing the EldoLED to output corrupted DMX.

The EldoLED unit you are using has DMX in and DMX out, but it is not like a lot of conventional fixtures which have their DMX ins and outs connected directly to each other. Each EldoLED unit buffers the DMX output signal, meaning, in this instance, that if there is a problem with one unit then it won't output DMX correctly. Theres an application note on EldoLEDs website which covers this.

Hope this helps.

I was able to measure the voltage out of the ELN-60-24 with the outputs of the EldoLED set to various levels and it gave a constant 24.1V. Due to the urgency to get the display up and running I didn't have the time to check current or quality of the DC. I have spoken to one of our other technicians who deals with LED installations a lot more than I do (He was on annual leave when I originally posted this) and his approach is if the LEDs are doing anything strange swap the driver/PSU and see if this solves the problem. Thanks for all the help in solving this.