Unbranded lights, no D-Channel config

ErnD

Hi everyone - I came across this thread, and was hoping there might be some hope for my own similar situation!

I'm using 6 generic Chinese-made LED fixtures and controlling them via ENNTEC's EMU. I have them mapped out in EMU for 5 faders each (Dimmer, Red, Green, Blue, Strobe).

I had no issues controlling these lights last year with the exact same setup, except for one key piece: This year, I'm using 2 lights from last year's setup, and 4 lights purchased from a different manufacturer this year.

The old lights receive DMX and are controlled via the A mode. The new lights also have an A mode, but it's only 000-006. They have a D mode (000-512), and this is also the mode that selects when I press "DMX" on the cheap remote controls that came with the light. Thus, I can assume D is their DMX mode.

The issue is that I can't get the new lights to receive DMX from any other address than D mode 001-005. They all work properly at that address, but going to, say, D 006-010 gives me no light.

Last year's lights receive DMX at any of the addresses I'm using (001-005, 006-010, 011-015, etc), at any point in the chain.

I had no issues with this whole setup last year - so does anyone have any idea how I might get the new lights to play with the old ones? Thanks very much!

If it's any help at all, my unbranded units A sets Automatic (Preset) modes 0 - 6. If this is set to anything except 0 (IIRC.. it might be 6), the unit will not respond to DMX. D sets DMX start address. It then immediately goes onto C which is no of channels with 3 or 4 options. Mine did come some years back with a scrappy piece of paper in Chinese that together with Google translate helped give some clues. No worries dea where that is now.