Colour Scroller

Deathride

hi just wanted to know how much would 16 colour scrollers and a power supply with 16 par cans to go with ... websites would be nice looking for 3 quotes ( college balls things ) I think there would need to hold about 8 colours and the power leeds ... any feedback would be loved :)

If you're just roughly costing things, AC have a price list on their site. Always useful.

Not sure about 8 colours. Most scrollers I know are 16 or 32. Chroma-Qs are widely acknowledged as being very good value for money

I like ChromaQ's, but you will need to have cable sufficient to reach all the scrollers and then complete the loop back to the power supply. Can get expensive and occasionally, it is better to use two or more powerpacks to run the scrollers than just the one and a ridiculous ammount of cable if the scrollers are on different LX bars. So you may have to factor that into your price.

The new Thomann flyer just popped through the letter box.

4 Stairville (prob chinese product??) £462 inc vat inc p/supply

extra scrollers £99

Par64's from £12 plus lamp (although not, I suspect PARsafe versions)

I note they are still flogging the Behringer dimmer packs, mentioned in another thread at £147!!

Speak to Stage Electrics - they are stocking the new Apollo scrollers which I'm a bit of a fan off. At the same time I'm sure they'd give you a quote on 64s to go with the scrollers.

Stu

The new Thomann flyer just popped through the letter box.

4 Stairville (prob chinese product??)  £462 inc vat inc p/supply

extra scrollers £99

Par64's from £12 plus lamp (although not, I suspect PARsafe versions)

I note they are still flogging the Behringer dimmer packs, mentioned in another thread at £147!!

whats there site or point of contact please :) ( cheap is good )

look : http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel-179222.html

I'm also considering buying those, but my paranoid side tells me to be carefull about the low price... tell us if you do buy it :)

I know Iain at usedlighting bought one to play with. IIRC it worked fine to start with but after a couple of days scrolling back and forth it started to lose it's position.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but the Apollo Scrollers that SLX sell look alot like the £462 set of 4 that Thomann do.

I may be getting some in the near future so I'll post my thoughts on them, unless anyone else has used them...

I have a set of 8 Chroma-Q Scrollers, never had any trouble, apart from when some bright spark rewired a cable, and shorted one of the psu's!. Only annoying thing with my ones is that on one set, the DMX addy's is done with rotary dials - not a fan to be honest, but hey - does the job!..

look : http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel-179222.html

I'm also considering buying those, but my paranoid side tells me to be carefull about the low price... tell us if you do buy it :P

I know Iain at usedlighting bought one to play with. IIRC it worked fine to start with but after a couple of days scrolling back and forth it started to lose it's position.

Hi

I actually bought the one off Iain after he advertised it on E bay. Just to let you know its working fine and I've been that impressed with the scrollers from Thomann that I have been slowly increasing the amount I own.

I've been using it regularly now since January and it works a treat.

Tony

Archived