Get out payments and definitions

Digger65

6 hours ago, GR1 said:

I was surprised to look at the advert for deputy head of sound at Brum Rep and the hourly pay was only a quid over the minimum wage.

If this is remotely recent then I’m afraid you’ve misinterpreted the advert or misremembered the rate.

Our casuals are currently on Birmingham Living Wage (£10.90/hr, full BECTU terms), so above minimum wage - pay review is being voted on presently, and hopefully that rate will come up again.

Our senior techs are a jump up from that (39hrs/wk annualised hours but G/O pay and other BECTU terms).
Our deputies are a jump up again, and the HoDs (that’d be me for sound at Birmingham Rep) are another jump up.

I wouldn’t want to quote a figure right now in public, but the Deputy HoD is certainly some distance above £11.42/hr.

I’d love our salaries to be higher, but I must correct plainly wrong statements before rumours grow. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To follow up - I'm actually now advertising the Deputy post, as my previous excellent Deputy has taken up touring again. It's paid at £30,521.40, based on 39hrs a week annualised, with TMA outs paid as extras. The hourly is just over £15/hr.