LED E27 (ES thread) PAR 30 lamps.

Ynot

Looking for some LED PAR lamps for our house lights - PAR 30 that are dimmable from the Zero 88 Betapack 2s. 

Not going to be an easy task, but anyone got any thoughts?

1 minute ago, themadhippy said:

I'll need to check with them whether 'dimmable' is on a regular dimmer or if they needs an LED specific trailing edge option.

That said, with only a dozen of these in circuit it might be worth investing in a DMX trailing dimmer module just for them...

I’ve watched a venue try every ‘dimmable’ led par going for their houselights before giving up and buying dmx fixtures.

Not dimming to zero, jumping on in fade up, fading out then flickering or flashing, not all fading up at the same rate so lamps came on at different times around the space, flickering at 40%, 

Test well before buying a batch.

• Upvote 2

Interesting to see that there has been an improvement in dimmable domestic LED lamps, BUT you need to read the literature. In this Philips Dimmable LED's  you need a minimum quantity or load on the different dimmers for the compatible LED types to work. So there may be a possibility that you can get 12 LED houselights to dim to approximately 2%. There is a link to a compatibility list .

11 hours ago, J Pearce said:

I’ve watched a venue try every ‘dimmable’ led par going for their houselights before giving up and buying dmx fixtures.

Not dimming to zero, jumping on in fade up, fading out then flickering or flashing, not all fading up at the same rate so lamps came on at different times around the space, flickering at 40%, 

Test well before buying a batch.

I think the key is going to be the trailing edge dimmer approach tbh.

I used one on a set piece a couple years ago with some LEDs and they were fine - even had a nice imming curve.