Stereo USB-C to mini jack adapter

ABB125

Is anyone aware of any USB-C to mini jack adapters which actually do stereo audio? This sort of thing: 

image.png.7306d2b894e025d06f699aa7cc51f01c.png

The ones I've tried only to "double mono" output, ie: both channels are the same. It would be nice to have one which does proper stereo! (This isn't particularly important for the use cases I have. but obviously proper stereo is better than mono.)

Thanks

I've never noticed this but I've got a whole pile of them on my desk that I'll try later on, and see what I find. I know there are two distinct groups, those that emit a reasonably strong pop when plugged in, and those that don't. Those groups can be sorted into not Apple, and Apple respectively.

Edited by richard_cooper

20 minutes ago, richard_cooper said:

I've never noticed this but I've got a whole pile of them on my desk that I'll try later on, and see what I find. I know there are two distinct groups, those that emit a reasonably string pop when plugged in, and those that don't. Those groups can be sorted into not Apple, and Apple respectively.

Thanks, I've never noticed either. Then my brother pointed it out, having bought a phone with no headphone jack...

On 7/22/2024 at 7:19 PM, David Morison said:

These have a slight plug/unplug click, but do true stereo: https://cpc.farnell.com/av-link/122-430uk/usb-c-to-3-5mm-digital-adaptor/dp/AV29914

Thanks, I'll get one of those to try

3 hours ago, TAG1960 said:

Sonnect, the Italian makers of sound bullet make this

https://sonnect.com/product/soundwire/

Nice though that looks, it's both excessive and somewhat out of budget for what I need!