flame effect

uplifter

some profile lanterns in past times did have variants with a fresnel-type lens, I believe - I'm sure I've seen patt 263s or 264s with stepped lenses. I don't think it was very succesful, and I'm pretty sure this idea was out of favour by the time the quartet series was introduced. nothing to prevent the local chief doing his own experiments with lenses, of course.....

some profile lanterns in past times did have variants with a fresnel-type lens, I believe - I'm sure I've seen patt 263s or 264s with stepped lenses. I don't think it was very succesful, and I'm pretty sure this idea was out of favour by the time the quartet series was introduced. nothing to prevent the local chief doing his own experiments with lenses, of course.....

Patt 263/4 yes, they may have a fresnelated lens, but not, as far as I know, the Quartets, as the poster stated.

TD

Archived