Music Triggered Visualisation

dominicgross

Hey,

Im looking for some software that can do visualization (windows media type stuff) from an external input (i.e. mixer input).

The idea is that the visualizations (swirly pics) can be triggered by the bass beat from the live sound, kinda like what media player does when playing a song.

Does anyone know of any software capable of doing this?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All sorts of that kind of nonsense here.

I've used a few from that site. I really like Vjamm (in fact, have the full version) but that requires an "operator."

There's another one that's really good...but I'll have to wait until I get into work tomorrow as I can't remember the name of it.

Get Winamp 2.91 from here:

http://classic.winamp.com/

Get the line-in plugin here:

http://home.hccnet.nl/th.v.d.gronde/dev/li...nWA2/index.html

(Direct link to linein installer)

Install your Visulisation of choice (a couple come with winamp, a vaast selection can be found here:

http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/, many of which are of professional quality)

Run Winamp

Either press Ctrl+L, or right click, and choose Play | Location...

Type: linein://

Click play

Start the visualisation

If nothing happens, check that the linein isn't muted in the windows volume control panel

Absolutely rock solid, when I've used it. If you're feeling brave, you can also get some DSP plugins and do real-time effects on the cheap :o

for winamp, I have heard that geiss is are some of the best, winamp is a good effective and cheap way of doing vis', but I can find no way of actually controlling the colours and shapes etc...

...anyone got ne idea's?

(oh by the way you will need the line-in plugin 1.6, dunno if it comes built in with 2.91 though, I am running an older version which is still good).

and I am having difficulty finding stock footage for stage vis effects, we need them for producitons etc at our school, I have been put in charge of that, so if anyone can help me on the stock footage front, give me links etc, where I can download it, (for free, emphasis on FREE) I shall be very much grateful.

thanks

P.S. for winamp 2.91 you can get a DSP stacker which allows you to use more than one dsp at a time, I use a 32channel GEQ and compressor/processor on mine, I know winamp isnt professional nor recommended for live sound editing etc... but when you have no other means of doing it, eg having aux sends on a desk to comp and GEQ modules, the winamp way of thru line in, then line out to amp is the next best thing

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm currently using Winamp v5.5 with MilkDrop v1.03 visualisations. They are completely reconfigurable and allow you to add messages and images to the screen. It allows multi-monitor support too. I am able to add and change messages on my laptop while the projectors and tv screens around the building are displaying the visuals and messages. I can highly recommend it.

BTW Watch out. Some of the visualisations and other plug-ins for Winamp are riddled with AdWare. Anything by WildTangent for a start.

cheers

Dave J

• 6 months later...

Guys,

Not sure if such a thing is avalible, but I am looking for a piece of software that will take an audio input. And produce a visulisation for a projector. Much like the ones on winamp as I would love to have it playing behind the bands.

If possible I would also like to add in pictures of the bands to be crossfaded in, I know this is probs asking too much and hence just some visulizations software would be great !!

Jim

Moderation : near-identical new topic merged with existing one. Please don't start a new topic when there are several others already running which would serve the purpose equally well. The search function is there for a reason - please use it. This is the second time in two days that we've had to do this for topics started by this member, and we're not impressed by that.

Guys,

Not sure if such a thing is avalible, but I am looking for a piece of software that will take an audio input. And produce a visulisation for a projector. Much like the ones on winamp as I would love to have it playing behind the bands.

I'm sure we've been here before - check the archives.

Summary - you've answered your own question. Winamp with the Linein:: plugin will do what you want.

Bruce.

Archived