Music Triggered Visualisation

dominicgross

hi guys,

I third the vote for g-force.. pretty good piece of software and a good price.. I believe you can load sprites in and have them apear in the visualizations..etc although I've never done that.. be aware though if you use it for commercial purposes then you'll need to contact them and get a different licence..

you can control all the settings from the keyboard also..

rgds

chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there similar software like these visualisation packages that will allow you to record the video file for later playback and would also like to incorporate own images and video into the visualisation

Fast replies much appreciated as director has just thrown this into my lap and wants it yesterday...........I wonder if Tuesday will be ok :guitar:

Thanks for any help in advance :)

You could try using a program called Fraps2 which will run along side and record any 'openGL' video sources on the computer as they appear on the screen. This includes WMP visuals and probably WinAmp (but never tried it).

Its designed for recording computer games being played. The only thing is it uses a lot of resources so make sure your computer is up to the job.

No idea where to get it from but im sure a google should bring up some results.

Rgds

Nick

Hi,

I'm currently using Winamp v5.5 with MilkDrop v1.03 visualisations. They are completely reconfigurable and allow you to add messages and images to the screen. It allows multi-monitor support too. I am able to add and change messages on my laptop while the projectors and tv screens around the building are displaying the visuals and messages. I can highly recommend it.

Dave J

I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what!

I can't seem to get the configuration menu to appear.

I've pressed Alt-K a thousand times but nothing happens.

I select "Configure Plug in" from the menu and nothing comes up.

Any suggestions would be most welcome, I'm getting nowhere fast at the moment.

I bet it's something really really stupid that I'm getting wrong.

EDITED BECAUSE I FIXED IT MYSELF BUT MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SO HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

Re-install Milkdrop. Alt-K now works.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,

just quick question.. I've used arkaos a bit and its pretty good.. but what I want todo is have 3d graphics the respond to the music.. I've used geforce, but again thats just waves and spectrum analysis stuff.. I want 3d images that morph and change with the music..

I've heard of people doing this but never found any software todo it..

any thoughts? got a big beefy system to run it on.. ;-)

rgds

chris

Have you looked at the Korg Kaoss Pad Entrancer

...video effect programs and combinations that modify the image in dramatic ways. From basic effects such as nega-posi, fade, mono color, wipe, color change, freeze, flip left/right, flip up/down, rotate, and expand/shrink, all the way to more sophisticated effects such as noise, stretch, split-screen, invert image components, sand storm, monochrome, delay, strobe, mirroring, and emboss – and even unusual effects like spinning while shrinking! ...

... can be synchronized to the tempo of your music ... use Auto BPM to detect it from an input source, use the Tap Tempo function to set the BPM by pressing the Tap key, or control BPM from incoming MIDI Clock messages.

I haven't used it myself (yet) but the review convinced me to add it to my wish list.

hi guys,

just quick question.. I've used arkaos a bit and its pretty good.. but what I want todo is have 3d graphics the respond to the music.. I've used geforce, but again thats just waves and spectrum analysis stuff.. I want 3d images that morph and change with the music..

I've heard of people doing this but never found any software todo it..

any thoughts? got a big beefy system to run it on.. ;-)

rgds

chris

Ionfire

Without a doubt Aestesis ELEKTRONIKA can provide you with 3D morphing shapes triggered by audio input (how do you think I made my avatar ??)

Download the trial version at www.aestesis.org then get the "DIMENSION" module working.

I VJ with this software on a regular basis with no problems, running on a 1.8mHZ PC, 784 RAM and 128MB ATI card.

If you want more advice on this software then mail me directly.

I use G-Force Standalone running on an iBook. I feed S-video output from the iBook into a video capture card on a G5 running Arkaos VJ 3.5 HW, and then to two 3500 lumen projectors. The audio to the iBook for visualizer generation comes from an aux send in Ableton Live. From the time the audio hits the iBook until the visuals hit the screens is about 250ms, so I set up a -250 delay in the Live aux send. The waveforms are tightly synched to the audio input this way. I also feed two remote pan/tilt/zoom cameras into Arkaos. You can get some amazing graphics chroma- or luma-keying visualizer graphics and live video, along with Core Image effects.

G-Force Standalone uses ASCII keystrokes for parameter change, but I use MIDI from Ableton Live to change the parameters with a utility called midiStroke that converts MIDI to ASCII.

Using Ableton Live to sequence and perform audio, lighting and video keeps everything in sync and beat-matched, irrespective of the tempo.

• 1 month later...
I use G-Force Standalone running on an iBook. I feed S-video output from the iBook into a video capture card on a G5 running Arkaos VJ 3.5 HW, and then to two 3500 lumen projectors. The audio to the iBook for visualizer generation comes from an aux send in Ableton Live. From the time the audio hits the iBook until the visuals hit the screens is about 250ms, so I set up a -250 delay in the Live aux send. The waveforms are tightly synched to the audio input this way. I also feed two remote pan/tilt/zoom cameras into Arkaos. You can get some amazing graphics chroma- or luma-keying visualizer graphics and live video, along with Core Image effects.

G-Force Standalone uses ASCII keystrokes for parameter change, but I use MIDI from Ableton Live to change the parameters with a utility called midiStroke that converts MIDI to ASCII.

Using Ableton Live to sequence and perform audio, lighting and video keeps everything in sync and beat-matched, irrespective of the tempo.

But will your system churn out 3D graphics in sync?

The G-Force graphics are self-generated and are all synched to the audio input, so everything is beat-matched. I choose the waveform, color map, and flowfield via sequenced MIDI to ensure that the graphics are choreographed with the lighting and sound.

I design all of the video clips in Motion 2, Cinema 4D, Poser and Flash. I render all animations at 120bpm, and use Arkaos to scale the video playback speed to insure the video is always in sync, irrespective of the song tempo. All Arkaos VJ effects and the remote pan/tilt/zoom cameras are also synched, along with all lighting (lasers, scanners, washes, floods, strobes).

• 1 month later...

Well WMP and WinAMP both have quite good visualisation engines.....

But if you are looking for super high quality for really large screen hi definition projection, great beat matching, extra special effects, and if you want these effects for $0, to quote a true Aussie:

Tell 'im 'ees dreamin

Archived