TMA Management Awards

PhilT

Just in case any one hasn't seen it, here are the nominations for the first TMA Management awards. You'll notice Ali Fellows from Watford Palace has picked up a nomination, and I'm sure anyone who knows her will agree it's richly deserved. Ali gave me a work placement on Pacific Overtures when she was at the Donmar and I was still in college, and it was possibly the most exciting show I've ever worked on. A large part of this enjoyment was down to Ali just being, well, great!

Anyway, I just thought I'd draw the nomination to the attention of those who weren't aware and I'm sure you'll join me in wishing Ali the best of luck.

Truro theatre Hall for Cornwall has picked up two nominations in the inaugural year of the Theatrical Management Association Management Awards.

The venue is up for recognition in both the Achievement in Presenting Theatre and the Achievement in Marketing categories and is the only theatre to be nominated for more than one award.

Nottingham Playhouse, Bradford Theatres and Cheltenham’s Everyman will compete for the Most Welcoming Theatre Award, while Torch Theatre Company artistic director and chief executive Peter Doran, Watford Palace Theatre production manager Alison Fellows and Clear Channel Entertainment area general manager for Manchester Rachel Miller are all in the running for the Manager of the Year Award.

The TMA Management Awards were launched earlier this year after the overall awards were restructured to allow the backstage categories to be presented at a separate ceremony to the acting prizes.

Three new awards have been created for this year - Manager of the Year, Award for Achievement in Presenting Theatre, and Award for Achievement in Marketing. Together with the existing categories, they will be presented on November 17 at the Tower Thistle Hotel, London as part of the TMA’s annual conference. The full list of nominees is as follows:

Manager of the Year: Peter Doran - artistic director and chief executive, Torch Theatre Company; Alison Fellows - production manager, Watford Palace Theatre; Rachel Miller - Manchester area general manager, Clear Channel Entertainment.

Achievement in Presenting Theatre: Plymouth Theatre Royal, Hall for Cornwall, York Theatre Royal.

Most Welcoming Theatre: Bradford Theatres, Cheltenham Everyman, Nottingham Playhouse.

Achievement in Marketing: Bradford Theatres, Hall for Cornwall, Glasgow Theatres Ltd (Ambassador Theatre Group).

The Arts Council England Eclipse Award: Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham; Oval House, London; South Hill Park Arts Centre, Berkshire.

Quote from The Stage November 10th.

Archived